Feature

432 Park Avenue Unveils Its Lighting Display

432 Park Avenue illuminated. image by DBOX for CIM Group/Macklowe Properties
Comments (10)
  1. Marshall says:

Very exciting news! One correction though. Maybe just a discrepancy in the way the floors are being counted, but I believe the wind breaks are on floors 20/21, 34/35, 48/49, 62/63 and 76/77. The top two floors are mechanical/parapet, but not wind breaks.

2. Rich says:

We’ll have to see it for ourselves. But if the renderings are any indication, it looks to be pretty underwhelming. Uninspired lighting on a boring stack of boxes.

3. David says:

Seeing lighting on the tower is stunning, come together and admire supertall showing its design.

4. Richard says:

I must admit, it’s growing on me and I’m getting used to its slenderness too.

5. Mara says:

Color Changes periodically from White might be nice, like Empire State Building
    Part of NYC Charm

6. No David Neither Nor says:

Round back square by beyond water. Water light airiness in between.

7. Dan G says:

Nice to see there will be always-on lighting, because many of the residents may be out-of-town, leaving blackened windows at night. If there are too many dark windows,the building might have disappeared in the night. Now, this won’t happen.

8. equalizer says:

Haters will hate and these comments don’t disappoint. Maybe the community would not complain about absentee owners if 1/2 of 20% of units were assigned to homeless people at the rent of 30% of gross declared tip cup income.

9. Shelley Ganzer says:

The lights should be shut off after midnight just like the rest of the tall building in Manhattan. My Windows face the building and it lights up my entire apartment all night long.

10. SC says:

that’s why god invented window shades.