Mayor Signs Intro. 775-A, Limiting Power of Landmarks Preservation Commission

Mayor Bill de Blasio and City Council Member David Greenfield at the signing of Intro. 775-A. Credit: Ed Reed/Mayoral Photography Office
Comments (11)
  1. Tom says:

Released law by talking and meeting, each other can know about what is suitable.

2. BrooklynAve says:

I hope even yimby can agree that this is an abomination. De Blasio is quickly ruining the aspects of the city that make it attractive and an economic engine. What a fraud!

3. Lee Gelber says:

The mayor and council have emasculated the Landmarks Preservation Commission and have sold out to the likes of SL Green, Vornado and Extell so they can build more money laundering condos for anonymous investors.

4. Bruce Silberblatt says:

Draedful!

5. Klaus K. says:

Look at the leer on Blas’s face – he’s already counting the donor money and whatever other financial incentives this “progressive” is getting from Big Real Estate. No doubt Blas will try to push through many other developer friendly laws, questionable deed restrictions lifted, and zoning easements both through the City Council and even in Albany. It will be too late to roll things back if NYC starts looking a lot more like no-zoning-laws Houston.

6. Laurie Tobias Cohen says:

My heart breaks as I think of the many ultimately successful landmarking efforts that required way more time than these arbitrary, punitive limits will allow. What a travesty.

7. Andrew Porter says:

The fact that REBNY thinks this is a good thing shows that there’s lots wrong with it.

I wonder if ISIS will also approve this?

8. Nancy says:

This mayor just keeps getting worse and worse. We would have been better off with Bloomberg for a 4th term!

9. David D says:

De Lausio should just wear a sign on his neck ” This Bitch is For Sale”

10. Jay P says:

De Blasio destroying all the progress made by the Bloomberg administration..

Awful mayor.

11. Soundman says:

This makes me incredibly nervous. I have been trying very hard to cut DeBlasio slack on various fronts, hoping he would finally live up to his own hype, but I think this is the last straw for me. Sad.