Bronx

Revealed: 2401 Third Avenue and 101 Lincoln Avenue, Massive South Bronx Residential Project

101 Lincoln Avenue and its public waterfront esplanade along the Harlem River in the South Bronx. rendering by Hill West Architects
Comments (9)
  1. staten island guy says:

Good to the see the Bronx growing again!

2. Jay says:

I live here, this will lead to massive displacement in the surrounding area. I am glad to see development but the future for many low income residents seems bleak.

1. staten island guy says:

You’re probably right. But the Bronx is the only place left in the city with relatively cheap land and dense zoning so builders are headed up there. And that will raise rents in the surrounding communities.

(S.I. does have cheaper land but we do not have the soil conditions or public infrastructure to support apartment construction. 90% of S.I. is zoned for 1 and 2 family homes.)

3. Ryan says:

Hahahahaha. I love the people sunning themselves under blue & yellow umbrellas as if the East River waterfront is the new Miami Beach. Hahahahaha.

1. staten island guy says:

These renderings are always funny. Or they put luxury cars on the streets, people walking dogs, etc.

4. Guest says:

This is great. I can see this as a very active location once the public waterfront access and commercial amenities open. I would love to see more of this in the Bronx and it’s happening. Can’t wait for the final renderings for the parcels just northwest of this location on the Harlem River.

5. Lillian Diaz says:

I think that having a development like this is in the bronx way overdue. I just can’t help but wonder about the chances for Bronx residents. Will we have priority over a percentage of the apartments? Or is this just a way of getting new Bronx residents? Gentrification is nice, however, often times it pushes local residents out.

6. Jonathan Marin says:

No one is going to be displaced. These buildings are going up in an area that was rezoned. No one lived there before. The projects and low income housing a block away are not in any danger. This is its own little neighborhood that is growing nicely and will attract young professionals no matter where they are from. As a Bronxite I welcome this with open arms.

7. Lillian Diaz says:

I too am excited about this new development and welcome it with open arms as well. My main concern is will Bronxites have priority. I think it is only fair. Also, I wasn’t only referring to the low income Bronxites. I think that there aren’t enough housing options for the working and middle class Bronx residents.